Sunday, April 24, 2011

Solo, Pre-Check and Check

I'm still alive. The Blackhawks and Apaches didn't kill me on my 501/502, the IP didn't slay me after I double turned my Pre-Check after my solo, and my Check actually went stellar.

I made it out of IFS. You can do it with zero hours. You will probably cry at least twice, you will find religion and pray every day and you will eat the Steve Special more than once so that you can feel good for the day.

Don't sweat academics. Take the quizzes a minimum of 7 times each and once the A-111s rolls around, re-take those quizzes 2 more times the night before. You'll do fine there.

On the flights - DRAW THEM OUT (LITERALLY!!!)! Get rid of the clutter in your IFG by making your own map. Then break it into sections and diagram WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO! Always stack checklists if you can (CRUISE followed by DESCENT/APPROACH) and makes those calls early.

Learn to use the trim, especially on landings. Ask the IP to show you how. It's pretty frakkin' awesome and helps so much.

Take time away from DOSS on Friday and Saturday. Maybe make some flashcards on Saturday if you feel guilty but DO NOT STUDY THEM! Rest your brain.

Get sleep.

Use the restroom.

Breathe.

Look, you've just graduated. Congrats! Now it's time to get your ass kicked in UPT.

No comments:

Post a Comment