Wednesday, March 23, 2011

TD - 3

Just spent the last hour doing the first couple of checklists from the Normal Procedures.

Big hint - GET THE FLOW/VERIFY process down. It speeds up the Pre-flight inspection tasks! It also makes more sense in your mind rather than just doing the Read/Complete version.

Finished out all the academic classes for today and moved on to the G series class. These involved teaching you how to fly a plane without being in a plane. Highly effective....... no, really, they were more about the Procedures that IFS teaches for the maneuvers. That is what you have to learn here - the Procedures. You will develop/learn/create technique as you advance but here at IFS it's all about Procedures.

We still didn't get our flight suits. Have to keep taking the Boldface/Ops limits test.

PS - no flight has ever gotten them in the first week without some kind of rule bending. Especially with huge flights like ours (35 people).

Dollar Rides are supposed to be on Friday but quite a few Seniors here have had their rides canceled due to wind so I wouldn't be surprised if the push our Dollar Rides back till next week. C'est la vie.

I'm mainly focusing on study Academics this weekend to cover the A110 test and will build my flight binder so that I can start creating study guides for my Profiles. I know they're on the P drive already but I want to make my own Gouge so that I can learn it as I create it.

BTW - PT here is frakkin' awesome. Moon is going to love the instructors as they are HUGE CrossFit fans. They would make Tony Horton sore...

1 comment:

  1. Love reading what you are up to. Keep posting. :)

    Hopefully you guys will get Dollar Rides and Flight Suits soon!

    ReplyDelete