Monday, March 28, 2011

TD - 6

Had A110 test, C201 and Boldface/Ops quiz today.

Passed the A110 with flying colors. As long as you do the quizzes about 7-10 times each, you should have no trouble. On the first go, I check the answers and build myself an answer template. Next, I take the quiz verifying the answers. For the last 5-8 sets, I only answer those I know while verifying the answer I do not. I don't let myself see the wrong answers. If I don't understand the concept, I'll research that, but I don't want to let myself be led down the wrong path and get the wrong type of answer in my mind.

My C201 flight went pretty damn well, imo. I felt good up till the last 10 mins or so and I'll attribute the ending to fatigue. We're on the early schedule today and I had the last flight so I had already been up and moving for about 9 hours. Flying takes a lot out of you. I know I find myself sweating a bit even with the A/C turned up =P

Didn't pass Boldface/Ops again. I mean, I did, and so did 30 others, but 3 people did not. So we're still in blues. Found out that the other flights haven't had a 100% pass rate either, they just had a Flight Commander who bent the rules a bit. Again, doesn't much matter to me. It's a training environment and I just do what they tell me to do. However, those who don't pass the quizzes now are getting write-ups. The screening process is starting.

Tomorrow, I have another flight. If I get my C202 done, I'll be 1 flight up on the majority of the class. I know the CFIs will catch me as they've got about 3,000 hours to work with but overall I'm not doing too shabby.

PS - don't worry about trying to grill the Radio Calls and Checklists into your brain before you start flying. They make TOTAL sense once you start your flying rotation. You do them SO OFTEN that if you don't memorize them, then you're probably doing something wrong. Do, however, get with people and chair fly. Also check the drives for Profile walkthroughs. They'll help you get the hang of how to chair fly your profile once you start.

KK - early bed, early rise

1 comment:

  1. Go Jake! Sounds like you are doing vey well! We sure do miss ya! Wish we could have seen you when we were down there! Keep up all the hard work!
    Love ya Jake!
    Lil' Klinger!

    ReplyDelete